The TRICAM Mission
- Develop an institutional strategy for reducing infant, child, and adolescent mortality.
- Promote awareness of the leading causes of mortality for infants, children, and adolescents.
- Support and advance research activities at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s of Chicago already focused on leading causes of mortality.
- Consider options for new Lurie Children’s programs to address leading causes of mortality that are not currently addressed by existing programs or our research enterprise.
- Analyze our clinical care practices to ensure that our workflows support reducing mortality from the leading causes of death.
- Ensure that Lurie Children’s models evidence-based mortality prevention practices.
- Disseminate scientific findings to the stakeholders best suited to implement or act upon those findings.
- Foster educational activities at Lurie Children’s and Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine focused on mortality awareness and reduction among infants, children, and adolescents.
- Serve as a resource for the most up-to-date mortality information, by curating data from the relevant data sources locally and nationally.
- Engage community-level stakeholders in implementation of best practices to reduce mortality in the Chicago metropolitan area and across Illinois.
- Develop advocacy strategies at local, state, and national levels to reduce mortality.
Next Steps and Ways to Get Involved
- Lurie Children’s and Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine faculty content experts
- Community-based organizations and interest groups