SYSTEM OUTAGE: Lurie Children’s continues to respond to a cybersecurity matter. During this time, Stanley Manne Children’s Research Institute continues to conduct research, including recruiting and accepting research participants, collecting data, conducting research procedures, and maintaining research operations. Questions about participation in research, or research in general, may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The library provides interlibrary loan, literature search assistance, reference services, and database training.
The library can request through an interlibrary loan most journal articles, meeting abstracts, book chapters, or books that staff cannot obtain through Northwestern University libraries. Send an email with the full citation to email@example.com.
One-time searches of bibliographic databases to find resources on a topic are helpful when you are beginning a research project, opening a new line of inquiry in your current research, or want to know about a field with which you are unfamiliar. Please complete the literature search request form for assistance.
Funding Opportunities Searches
Funding Institutional is a funding opportunity search engine which can be leveraged to create customized searches of funding opportunities, funders, and awarded grants drawn from a wide range of federal and private resources. This resource is provided to faculty through a partnership with Northwestern University and can be accessed using your NU NetID and password.
- View investigator training on Funding Institutional and how to obtain access to the search engine here.
- Andrea Fawcett is available for virtual library service consultations. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule.
Electronic Journals, Books, and Popular Databases
Additional journals, e-books, and database subscriptions are managed by Northwestern University and may require a NU NetID. Lurie Children’s employees can access many of these resources while on-site by using the Galter Health Sciences Library.
- Enter the name of the resource or keywords in the search box.
- When an item of interest is located in the results list, click “Online Access”.
- You will be redirected to a page that asks you to sign in with your NetID.
- Faculty and students who have a NetID can use this option.
- If you do not have a NetID, click “Continue without Galter sign in”. In many cases, you will be able to access the resource.
- If you cannot access the resource, contact Andrea Fawcett and she will assist you.