Research Business Operations
Research Business Operations serves as centralized support for pre and post award financial management of grants and contracts at Manne Research Institute.
Please review the Roles & Responsibilities Matrix for sponsored awards and industry sponsored clinical trials for a high-level overview of how and when to engage with each of these Research Business Operations teams as well as investigator and departmental responsibilities.
- Basic and Preclinical Science Pillar support by neighborhood
- Pre-award support for departments and divisions
- Industry Sponsored Studies
- Sponsored Awards Administration
- Research Financial Portfolio Support
- Post Award Financial Support, including invoicing, payments, reporting, and institutional compliance
- Institutional budget and financial planning support
Please visit the Research Administration Staff Directory for a full Research Business Operations staff listing.
Visit these additional sites for more detailed information as needed.
- OSP Proposal Preparation | Lurie Children's (luriechildrens.org)
- Sponsored Research Finance Office (SRFO) | Lurie Children's (luriechildrens.org)
Manne Research Institute Voucher Program: Spring cycle has closed
The Manne Research Institute has partnered with several internal and external research service providers to provide cost-effective support to all investigators, particularly junior investigators who may not have well established funding sources. In support of our research programs, Manne Research Institute will offer faculty the opportunity to apply for vouchers for these certain research services twice a year (fall and spring) through a Manne Research Institute Voucher Program. Please note: the research services available via the voucher program will be those services internally available within the Manne Research Institute or internally coordinated with any external research services as needed.
Pre-Consultation Guidelines: Beginning the spring cycle, If you are requesting Statistical Support, Smith Child Health Catalyst, Writing Services, or Histology and/or Microscopy services, a pre-consultation must be completed before proceeding with your voucher applications. Pre-consultations must be completed no later than March 17, 2023. Contacts and/or links to needs assessment forms to start the pre-consultation process can be found below:
- Statistical Support
- Smith Child Health Catalyst
- Histology and Microscopy: email Alan Rodriguez
- Writing Services: email email@example.com
For sample application responses, please reference the below links:
- Statistical Support example
- Smith Child Health Catalyst example
- Histology/Microscopy (Equipment Usage) example