- Attending Physician, Hematology, Oncology, Neuro-Oncology, and Stem Cell Transplantation, Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics (Hematology, Oncology, and Stem Cell Transplantation), Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
Dr. Walz's research interests involve the study of pediatric high-risk renal tumors and their underlying genetic drivers. As a member of the Children's Oncology Group's Renal Tumor Committee and the Pediatric Preclinical Testing Consortium Disease Committee, she participates in the development of new therapeutic clinical trials, including early phase clinical trials, for renal tumor patients. She serves as the Developmental Therapeutics lead for the Renal Tumor Committee. In addition, Dr. Walz has also worked on the analysis of circulating exosomes from pediatric solid tumor patients as biomarkers for use in diagnosis, monitoring of treatment response, and early detection of relapse.
Education and Background
- Fellowship in Pediatric Hematology, Oncology, and Stem Cell Transplant, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine 2012-2015
- Residency in Pediatrics, University of Texas Hospital 2009-2012
- MD, University of Louisville School of Medicine 2009