- Pasquale Family Research Scholar, Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
- Assistant Professor of Research, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
Faith Summersett Williams, PhD, is a behavioral scientist at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago and an Assistant Professor of Research in Pediatrics at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine. Dr. Summersett Williams is dedicated to establishing a universal standard of equitable healthcare for communities on the periphery. Her interest in studying and addressing substance use in youth, especially among those with chronic medical conditions, came about due to her deep awareness of the role substance use often plays as a driver of poor and inequitable health outcomes. Dr. Summersett Williams also has research and clinical experience in medical ethics with the goal of prioritizing underrepresented issues within bioethics such as health justice. Her hope is that her work informs health care policies and practices to improve the quality of care delivered to youth and families.
Education and Background
- PhD, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine 2018
- MS, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine 2016
- BS, Howard University 2011